Want to work on cutting-edge technology that enables seamless teamwork from edge to cloud? Excited to tackle challenging collaboration and visualization problems? Thrive on designing and building high-performance interactive systems? Join our team to do all the above, unlocking innovation across multiple industries — life science firms doing cutting edge work with DNA & proteins, gaming & interactive development communities building high-resolution immersive experiences, and software teams doing large-scale machine learning!
XetData is looking for a curious and creative product designer who thrives on bringing technical features to life through delightfully intuitive experiences. Love the end-to-end product design process from user research to testing? Eager to dive into anything from web design to command line interface flows? Interested in changing how the world works with large files? This is the team for you.
The RoleAs the first designer on our team, you will contribute to the overall strategy of our product, partnering closely with passionate engineers and product managers to create interfaces and workflows for collaborating on large scale data. The XetHub platform enables engineering teams to scale Git workflows to support terabyte scale repositories, with opportunities to truly innovate on the user experience of understanding how a set of files have evolved over time. You will be responsible for leading the design of flagship features from a user-centric perspective, as well as setting the path for scaling the team as our platform grows.
This is a full-time, US-based hybrid-remote position, with a local office in Seattle. Compensation is competitive, including salary, equity, health plan, vacation, and more. As a core member of the team, you will be a key contributor to our company and culture, building a fast-growing product with amazing colleagues in a supportive family-friendly environment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Human-Computer Interaction (or related field) or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working with engineering/product teams to create user flows, interface mockups, and high fidelity prototypes.
- Ability to work independently to deeply explore concepts, while finding ideal times for collaboration and feedback.
- A passion for listening to and learning from technical users to shape ambiguous ideas into clear goals.
- Excellent facilitation, communication, and presentation skills for brainstorming, sharing, and advocating for designs.
- Strong portfolio showcasing product design work and an ability to think about system level design vision and execution.
- Proficiency with prototyping tools like Figma or Sketch.
- Experience and/or interest in designing technical developer tools and interfaces.
- Experience in startup environments (smaller teams, wearing many hats, high trust, comfortable with ambiguity).
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms from web to mobile apps.
- A strong understanding of the tools and technologies involved in designing and building interactive software experiences.
- Familiarity with machine learning, life science, and/or gaming development workflows.
- Experience as a software developer.
- Provide a link to your portfolio with your application.
- Portfolios must contain designs that have been commercially released.
- For each project, include the design goal, process, and outcomes.
Join our team!
To apply for this Product Designer position, please send your resume and any accommodation requests using the button below.