Full Stack Software Engineer
Want to work on cutting-edge technology that enables seamless teamwork from edge to cloud? Excited to tackle challenging collaboration and visualization problems? Thrive on designing and building high-performance interactive systems? Join our team to do all the above, unlocking innovation across multiple industries — life science firms doing cutting edge work with DNA & proteins, gaming & interactive development communities building high-resolution immersive experiences, and software teams doing large-scale machine learning!
XetData is looking for talented, motivated, and articulate software engineers to build out our core engineering team. We are creating the first version of a next-generation platform to make data collaboration natural for modern developers, building the right client, server, storage, and database technologies from the ground-up. Passionate about building amazing products with cool technology to delight users? This is the team for you.
At XetData, we are rethinking how to find, share, store, manage, and scale unstructured data. This means we are building client, server, storage, and database technology mostly from scratch. Want to join us?
The RoleAs a software engineer at XetData, you own the design, development, and operations of key components in our data platform. The XetHub platform enables engineering & science teams to work with code and data together, using the tools that they’re familiar with. The platform includes a high-performance client (written in Rust), a web application & REST APIs (written in Go and HTML/JS/CSS), and a custom distributed data store (written in Rust).
This is a full-time, US-based hybrid-remote position, with a local office in Seattle. Compensation is competitive, including salary, equity, health plan, vacation, and more. As a core member of the team, you will be a key contributor to our company and culture, building a fast-growing product with amazing colleagues in a supportive family-friendly environment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (a related field) or equivalent practical experience.
- Technical skills (all of us write code) and experience with distributed systems and production cloud computing.
- A passion for making simple, robust, and scalable platforms used by engineering & science teams.
- Creative, collaborative, and product-focused.
- Experience designing and building efficient, modular, interactive web-based product features.
- Experience in startup environments (smaller teams, wearing many hats, high trust, comfortable with ambiguity).
- Experience with operating production systems (monitoring, alarming, distributed debugging & recovery).
- Experience with Rust, cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc), and databases (relational and non-relational) a plus.
Join our team!
To apply for this Full Stack Software Engineer position, please send your resume and any accommodation requests using the button below.